On Sunday, May 30, I posted the following on my personal Facebook page:
“Sunday, June 7, is communion Sunday at my church. I’m inviting you for ALL the reasons in this song. I’m inviting you because we don’t get hung up on religion or dogma or doctrine at my church. I’m inviting you because I KNOW you will be welcomed there as you are … so come as you are. I’m inviting you because ours isn’t a church that puts on shows or pipes a preacher in via big screens and closed circuit feeds, but because we … the people who gather in that building … really ARE the Church. We will shake your hand, walk with you, talk with you, laugh and cry with you and yes, we’ll even hug you AS YOU ARE. So plan to come to the Lord’s Table with me one week from today at Mountain View United Methodist Church, 3200 Maryville Pike, Knoxville TN. 9:30 a.m.“
I want to extend that invitation to any time. You are always welcome at Mountain View. Always.
Oh, and about the programs … we do have some awesome things going on. Take a look:
- The River – an arts-based non-denominational program for middle and high school aged youth (Sundays from 4-6)
- Sir Crochets-A-Lot – come bring your crocheting, knitting or other portable fiber arts and fellowship with a terrific bunch of folks. Beginners welcome, too! They meet every 2nd and 4th Monday evening at 6:30 p.m. in the conference room. Be prepared to giggle!
- Kids Night Out – a once a month “night out” for the children of single parents. Sometimes Mom or Dad can be a real drag and you just need a break, right? Kids Night Out happens once each month during the school year. You (the kids) get a full night of games, fun, homework help if they need it, music, movies, and stories, snack and meal. And a break from mom or dad. Kids Night Out will resume in the fall. If you’re interested in taking advantage of it, contact Mountain View UMC at 865-573-4731. Leave a message on the machine and they’ll get your information to the right people.
- Wonderful Wednesday Meals – Almost every Wednesday night, you’ll find most of us sharing a fellowship meal in the Family Life Center. The meals are $5/person for adults, the foods great, and so is the company.
- Choir & Hand Bell Choir – Choir meets most Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. Like to sing? Come try it out. Our choir isn’t huge, but it’s mighty. There are opportunities for organizing smaller groups, too. Just leave a message for Michelle Ruckart on the church phone above, and she’ll answer all your questions.
- United Methodist Women – UMW meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. They do tons of stuff. Just stop by and check them out.
Still not seeing anything interesting? Do you have a particular interest that you don’t see listed? I may have just overlooked listing it, but if not, let us know what you were hoping to find. Like I said … we want you come join us.